[rt-users] upgrade to 3.0.9 breaks

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Mar 29 02:30:15 EST 2004

rcoleman at interpublic.com wrote:
> my bad - i actually did rebuild mod-perl, and apache.  i forgot to
> mention this in the original mail
>
> i downloaded and installed perl 5.8.3, rebuilt mod-perl and apache,
> restarted apache - checked that it was using perl 5.8.3 and it was.  then
> i downloaded and...do you mean i didn't rebuild mod-perl after installing
> the DBIx::SearchBuilder?  because after restarting apache, i downloaded
> and installed rt - after using rt-test-dependencies with the --install
> option, which installed the dbi searchbuilder.  but i did not rebuild
> mod-perl after installing the DBIx::SearchBuilder...you think that's my
> mistake?
No, DBIx::SB is pure perl module. Problem could exists in binary modules.

I think you have more then one versions of perl.
For eg I have 5.8.{0,1,3}. 0 and 1 have absolutely different INC
arrays(paths where perl search for installed modules). perl 5.8.3 I
installed from rpm. it was builded with INC containing 5.8.{0,1,2,3}
paths. First time everything was fine, but two days ago I've got same
errors and also random seg faults of apache. I builded and tested
mod_perl, perl, apache in different ways, but prodlem didn't disappear
until I've rebuilded perl with standalone INC paths. Problem gone.

I really think that problem in your case is same.

It was always problem. I did hope that with 5.8.x problem with one
module in different paths disapear, nope still there.
So I still don't include old module paths when build new perl. Only use
same CPAN settings for all perls, so newly installed perl fetch modules
from cache.

			Best regards. Ruslan.