[rt-users] Multiple RTs from a single code base?

jalgermissen at topicmapping.com jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Wed Mar 31 07:20:02 EST 2004

"Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cubic at acronis.ru> schrieb am 31.03.2004, 14:02:46:
> jalgermissen at topicmapping.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I plan to run several different RTs (about 25) on a single host
> > and I would like to avoid multiple copies of the RT libraries.
> >
> > My preferred solution would be to specify the appropriate
> > config file in the Apache configuration and just run multiple
> > databases.
> >
> > Has anyone experience with this kind of setup?
> >
> > As the config files are hardcoded into webmux.pl I see only
> > two options: alter RT a bit (thus making updates a pain) or
> > multiply webmux.pl and adjust the config file for each copy.
> >
> > Is the latter solution possible or does it break any dependencies
> > beyond webmux.pl
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance.
> You can't do this under mod_perl with single Apache instance.

Ah, damn. Sure - how stupid.

> If you want 25 instances of RT then may be something wrong in the
> beginning? I think you'll come into memory problems.
> You should consider using FastCGI. One apache instance and 1+ FastCGI
> server on each RT instance.
> I'm not FCGI guru and don't know how much memory each server eat for RT.
>
> Don't understand why you need such setup.

The company I need this for has a number of customers that are
managed seperately but have an identical setup and service processes.
I want to avoid stuffing everything in a single RT and having to
manage 25 times 3 queues each and 25 times say 15 customer-users
each etc. But it seems I'll have to do that anyway....or get 25 machines
;-)

Thanks for pointing out my brain damage about mod_perl - ugrrh.

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                <algermissen at acm.org>
Consultant & Programmer