[rt-users] Multiple RTs from a single code base?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Mar 31 09:21:56 EST 2004

jalgermissen at topicmapping.com wrote:

>The company I need this for has a number of customers that are
>managed seperately but have an identical setup and service processes.
>I want to avoid stuffing everything in a single RT and having to
>manage 25 times 3 queues each and 25 times say 15 customer-users
>each etc. But it seems I'll have to do that anyway....or get 25 machines
>;-)

You could try to use VMware GSX-server for that.
But you need a big server ;-)

Anyone running RT on an IBM z-Series ? ;-)

Or use FreeBSD jails for the RT-installations and apaches and use
different DBs for each (all DBs on one host).
You'd still need mutliple servers though, just not 25.

It gives me headaches just from thinking about it ...

Rainer