[rt-users] ticket creation and custom fields

Matt Grosland grosland at mtsu.edu
Thu May 6 12:12:06 EDT 2004

I've been trying to create a web form that will allow our students/faculty
to generate a trouble ticket.  The problem is the ticket queue in
question has a vital custom field that needs to be filled.  These forms
have fields for the custom fields that the related queue contains.  The
goal is to have a form that will add the custom field values in addition
to creating the ticket.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get this to work.

I finally found a solution, but am looking for a better one.  The solution
I implemented is to have the cgi script call the ./rt binary and pass
arguments from the form.  Each system call to the rt binary generates some
output, so I'm parsing the output to get the ticket number, then doing
manual SQL calls through perl DBI to insert the custom field value.

Anyone have a better solution?

-Matt