[rt-users] How to tell Mason not to process a folder?

James jwhittington at excelorant.com
Fri May 7 15:30:28 EDT 2004

Okay I went back to my original plan of having RT at "/helpdesk" on our
internal helpdesk site.

Now I can sort of get to the Helpdesk, I can log on and see my tickets,
but all URL references leave out /helpdesk, whereas if I click on
Tickets my url links to
"http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com/Search/Listing.html" when it should link to
"http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com/helpdesk/Search/Listing.html"
It's like the $WebURL isn't getting picked up..

Does the WebURL get cached somewhere, I'm not sure why the RT UI isn't
fully picking it up.

Under /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm I have the following Web UI info:

Set($WebPath , "/helpdesk");

Set($WebBaseURL , "http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com:80");

Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Set($WebImagesURL , $WebURL . "NoAuth/images/");
Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . "rt.jpg");

My Virtual host File looks like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName helpdesk.tmfloyd.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
    PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
    # }}}

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location /helpdesk/>
        SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share/
Alias /helpdesk/ /usr/local/rt3/share/html/
<Directory /usr/local/rt3/share/html/>
 AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI
   order allow,deny
   allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/>
   AllowOverride AuthConfig
   Options None
   order allow,deny
   allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Thanks,

James Whittington

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 13:05, James wrote:
> Okay this may be kinda off topic, but I'm struggling a bit trying to
> figure out how to get RT and other things running on the same site.
> In my case I'm trying to have the helpdesk and the monitoring run from
> the same url.
> My url will be http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com
> My original plan was to have RT at "/helpdesk" and nagios at "/nagios",
> but I was having problems getting that to work, I think mason was trying
> to process nagios stuff, because I would get a "404" error but would see
> "[Mason] Cannot resolve file to component" error in the syslog.
>
> The second plan was to let the root of the site be RT and let Nagios sit
> at "/nagios", but again Mason is getting in the way.
>
> How do i tell RT::Mason to load on all folders but "/nagios"??
>
> In my virtual host definition I have tried various combinations, guess
> it would help if I knew regex :<).
>
> #<LocationMatch "/">
> <LocationMatch "(/!nagios/)?">
>         SetHandler perl-script