[rt-users] Postfix Error

Alexandre Dulaunoy adulau at foo.be
Tue May 11 10:35:33 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Steven Coutts wrote:

> Trying to set-up RT3 to use postfix.
>
> Got nearly everything going, put the following in aliases -:
>
> rt:             "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
> correspond --url http://rt/"
> rt-comment:     "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
> comment --url http://rt/"
>

> But when I send a mail postfix craps out with the following error -:
>
> status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: An Error Occurred
> =================  401 Authorization Required )
>
> Any ideas?
>
> (I'll get this going today I am determined!!)

401 means  that the REST-HTTP  interface needs an  authentication. You
should check the configuration on  the Apache side.  (e.g. is the 'rt'
VirtualName declared ? or something else...)

I don't think  that is related to the  Postfix configuration following
the '401' error. You should check the HTTP server configuration.

Hope this helps,

adulau

--
-- 	  	     Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/