FW: [rt-users] choosing template on the fly

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Tue May 11 12:58:41 EDT 2004

Dimitry Faynerman wrote:

> Sorry I couldn't really understand how these local things work.
> So, if I'm correct, I need to put SendEmail_Local.pm somewhere (local/lib -
> ???? directory) so that the parts of the code inside SendEmail_Local.pm
> overrides corresponding code from the "original" lib directory.
Read this to understand overlays:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?CleanlyCustomizeRT

You should place it in
/path/to/rt/lib/RT/Actions/
/path/to/rt/local/lib/RT/Actions/

> But what about the name of the subroutine TemplateObj??? How does this work?
TemplateObj inherited from RT/Action/Generic.pm
It's simple "getter".

> Does RT try to override subroutine with the same name??
Yes, override.
Look into last lines in RT/Action/SendEmail.pm, RT does next things:
	1) disable warning about override.
	2) require module
	3) produces error when it takes place only if overlay exists.

Ruslan.