[rt-users] rt-mailgate problem with rt-3.0.10 / SuSE 9.1

Charles Smith charon at cyc.com
Tue May 11 20:22:57 EDT 2004

So here's the deal:

I just upgraded both RT and SuSE at the same time, from 3.0.07 and 9.0
to 3.0.10 and 9.1 respectively. I also went from apache 1.3x to apache 2
(apache1 no longer comes with SuSE as of 9.1)

Anyway, it worked before I upgraded. Now, the WebUI works just fine, but
any emails that hit rt-mailgate generate this error message:

An Error Occurred
=================

500 EOF

It doesn't matter whether it goes through postfix, or whether I call it
on the command line manually, it still says the same thing (i.e. It's
not a delivery or alias issue).

I only saw one other post in the archives with this error message, and
it mentioned the permissions on the var/mason_data/cache directory, but
I have checked that and other directories, and they all seem to have the
correct permissions. I gave the configure script the new user/group for
apache2 before running the "make upgrade" and it seems to have worked as
designed.

I can only figure this is some kind of apache or Mason configuration
problem? Not sure. All perl modules are completely up to date.

Any help someone could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Charles