[rt-users] 3.0.9->3.0.10 upgrade weirdness

Sheeri Kritzer sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu
Fri May 14 11:37:58 EDT 2004

So I've upgraded from RT 3.0.9 to 3.0.10 on our test server.  I followed the instructions (more detail below) and yet, the bottom of my webpage still says "rt 3.0.9". . .

looking at my logs, I see the following errors when I typed "make upgrade":

cp -r; ./local/html/* //opt/rt3/local/html
cp: cannot access ./local/html/*
make: [local-install] Error 2 (ignored)
cp -r; ./local/po/* //opt/rt3/local/po
cp: cannot access ./local/po/*
make: [local-install] Error 2 (ignored)
cp -r; ./local/etc/* //opt/rt3/local/etc
cp: cannot access ./local/etc/*
make: [local-install] Error 2 (ignored)

Now, looking at this, I'm pretty sure those errors are OK to ignore; the output of my "configure" statement doesn't actually show a "local" directory being made inside my rt-3.0.10/ directory.  Which makes sense, knowing what the local directory is.

Furthermore, when I went to see if I needed to update my database objects, I saw that rt-3.0.9 had a file called "2.1.71" in the etc/upgrade directory, which is what rt-3.0.10 had as well.  The first pass through of my upgrade, I followed the instructions and did not run the "rt-setup-database" command.

However, when I looked closer, I decided to try to run it anyway, in case the RT techs had forgotten to rename the object file.  After that I rebooted, just in case, and my RT version *still* says 3.0.9 at the bottom of the web page.  Any help here?

(as far as I can tell, there aren't any errors, but there weren't in 3.0.9, and I don't feel confident that it actually upgraded. . . )

-Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group
Tufts University