[rt-users] Retrieving mail from Outlook Server

Brett Barnhart BrettB at hkusa.com
Wed May 26 11:36:16 EDT 2004

I am sooo close to getting RT up and running. I used RT heavily in my last
organization and I'm trying to implement here. We are entirely a Windows
shop (before, we ran under Linux).

I downloaded rt-3.0.10.exe and installed.

I have things working with fetchmail to retrieve from Server. However, I am
getting an error that I am having a really hard time tracking down.

Fetchmail sees the messages and tried to grab it, that's when things fail.

1). When I use POP3, I get a message that the message size is not as
expected. I read that this is a known issue and I don't think this causes
any problems.

2) Again, using POP3
"MDA returned nonzero status 127"
"not flushed"

3) Trying IMAP, I get this error message (this is listed as a better way to
work with Server)
"SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or stream socket error"
"socket error while fetching from (IP address)"
Query status = 2 (SOCKET)

This is the start command I am using
"C:\Program Files\OURINT~1\COMMON\FETCHM~1\bin\FETCHM~1.EXE" -f
../rt-mailgate.conf -N -d 30 -v -v -a

In both cases, this is the config file (rt-mailgate.conf) (obviously,
changing pop3 to imap)
defaults proto pop3

poll xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
auth password username "rtadmin" password "xxxxxx" mda
"c:/progra~1/ourInternet/common/perl/bin/perl.exe
c:/progra~1/ourinternet/reques~1/rt/bin/rt-mailgate.in --url
http://localhost:8284/ --queue General --action correspond"

------

Looking at c:/progra~1/ourinternet/reques~1/rt/bin/rt-mailgate.in I don't
see anything jumps out and grabs my attention as needing fixed or
customized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Others here are getting very
fustrated that this is being difficult to get going, but I believe this is
the best product for our needs.