[rt-users] How to setup FastCGI?

Sebastian Flothow lists at flothow.de
Thu May 27 08:47:30 EDT 2004

Am 26. Mai 2004 um 23:48 Uhr schrieb Sean McKay:
> I'm installing RT3 on a clean RH box and I'd like to use FastCGI
> instead of mod_perl--problem is, the docs are unclear to me as to
> whether I have to install FastCGI into apache or just the perl module
> CGI::Fast or both...

Both, since each implements one side of the FastCGI protocol.

> At this point, based on list messages and other webpages I've found, I
> believe that I need to install build Apache with FastCGI (I'll probably
> follow the "manual" instructions that come in the FastCGI INSTALL
> document),

Are you referring to mod_fastcgi from http://www.fastcgi.com ? In my
experience, it works fine as a DSO, avoiding the trouble of rebuilding
Apache entirely.

> and then add the CGI::Fast module to my instance of Perl.

Running rt-test-dependencies --with-fastcgi should tell you exactly
which Perl modules you need.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.