[rt-users] Archive A Single Queue

Jens Porup jens at cyber.com.au
Tue Nov 2 20:55:35 EST 2004

G'day,

Because some of our clients are government types with a privacy fetish,
we need to be able to say that:

	* we've complete erased a particular queue from our RT instance
	* archived all that queue-specific data on say, a CD, so it can be returned to them on request

Any suggestions on the best way to do this in RT 3.2.2 with mysql?

My current train of thought goes like this:

	Copy the entire 'rt3' database to database 'foo'
	Delete everything in backup 'foo' that is not specifically associated with Queue 'X'
	mysqldump database 'foo'
	Delete everything in live 'rt3' database that IS related to Queue 'X'
	Delete database 'foo'

Is RTx::Shredder the best way to approach this?

Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Jens