[rt-users] Re: CanonicalizeAddress in RT3

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed Nov 3 11:46:49 EST 2004

> I use RT2 and needs the CanonicalizeAddress function.
> I saw after digging through google and MailingLists that it's no more
> available with RT3.

What gave you that idea? From my RT_Config.pm

   # RT provides functionality which allows the system to rewrite
   # incoming email addresses.  In its simplest form,
   # you can substitute the value in CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace
   # for the value in CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch
   # (These values are passed to the CanonicalizeEmailAddress subroutine in RT/User.pm)
   # By default, that routine performs a s/$Match/$Replace/gi on any address passed to it

and if you need something more complicated, you can overlay the
CanonicalizeEmailAddress subroutine

seph