[rt-users] Is RT not multi (tasking/threading) safe!

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Fri Nov 5 09:41:38 EST 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>>It's cache. RT has per apache process records cache(not shared).
>>

>>Solution: turn off cache with DontCacheSearchBuilderRecords option in
>>the RT config. Very big perfomance pinalties are expected.
>

> Alternatively, a searchbuilder cache class with a shared memory cache.
I've tried ACL cache on shared memory, tests say that it's not faster
then MySQL queries.
Test of CPAN modules that implements cache in shared memory say that
there is no good(fast, portable and solid) module.
I was very disappointed.

I see another variant: drop cache after each HTTP request. It wouldn't
give much penalties and resolve this issue.

				Best regards. Ruslan.

ps: I think someone from BestPractical should talk with Perrin Harkins
he had eaten dog on caching in mod_perl evironment.