[rt-users] anyone able to get RT installed on a RH machine?

Phil Howard phil-rt-users at ipal.net
Sun Nov 7 01:59:57 EST 2004

Is there anyone out there that has been able to get the latest RT installed
on a RH machine, in particular this version:
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 2)

I've been trying for weeks to get the necessary Perl modules to install.
And there seem to simply be numerous problems.  It appears that some of
the Perl module authors are anti-RH (not that I can blame them) and do
not test against RH.

If all the modules needed by RT were available as RPMs, this might help.
But it seems there is a correlation between modules that don't build and
modules I can't find RPMs for.

I really want to get RT up and running, but the fact that it is written
in Perl, and the fact that I am stuck on RH, seems to be the big conflict
that makes this possibly doomed.  Or at least that it uses a few poorly
written modules.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Apache::Filter and Apache::Request are current showstoppers.  There may
be more but I haven't gotten far past this, yet.