[rt-users] looking for a feature (building MimeEntities out of attachments)

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 8 02:51:51 EST 2004

Hello,

The RT system itself is building MIME Entities out of transactions to
notify  users.

Now we want to be able to "resend" such messages by a link in the history
page. We want to do this because sometimes it is more convenient to have a
transcation text in mail than in the web and to resend explanations to
customers, when their ticket has been merged into a ticket with an
explanantion which went to another customer.

I am looking for the rigt place for an abstraction to build MIME messages
out of a transaction, hence the following questions:

1. Did anybody implement this before?

if not:

2. where to put the method CreateMIMEEntityFromTransaction

a) in Transaction_Overlay.pm
b) in Attachments_Overlay.pm
c) in SendEmail.pm
d) or ...

I look for another feature to send the complete correspondenc/comment
history of a ticket as a multipart/digest. Where to put this abstraction?

regards,
Dirk.