[rt-users] anyone able to get RT installed on a RH machine?

Phil Howard phil-rt-users at ipal.net
Mon Nov 8 23:35:47 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:05:50AM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:

| On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 00:59, Phil Howard wrote:
| > Is there anyone out there that has been able to get the latest RT installed
| > on a RH machine, in particular this version:
| >     Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 2)
| [...]
| > Any ideas how to get around this?
| >
| > Apache::Filter and Apache::Request are current showstoppers.  There may
| > be more but I haven't gotten far past this, yet.
|
| I haven't installed on that version, but if I tried, I would use
| fastcgi instead of mod_perl or compile apache/mod_perl from source.

Those were both paths I looked into over the past couple months and things
did not work and help was not helpful in getting it to work.

I've gotten RT installed w/o depending on modules.  But it obviously can't
function if thge required modules are not present.  There seems to be some
incompatibility between a few Perl modules and this RH version.  I know this
is not the place to get RH support, but I was hoping someone had experience
getting RT to run on this platform and could direct me to where answer for
it would be.  The Perl people have been less than helpful.