Subject: Re: [rt-users] request tracker forum

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Nov 10 18:09:17 EST 2004

Graham Dunn wrote:

>Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com wrote:
>>

>> Partom Rule wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>I was wondering if there is a forum for posting
>>>questions rather than this mail list
>>>10X,
>>

>> No.
>>
>> I too would like to use forums, I emailed Jesse directly and never got a
>> response (volunteered to set them up / admin as well). Anyone else want to
>> see forums?
>
>I'd like to vote *against* forums.

I'd like to second that.
General discussion: mailing-list
If somebody has a really good contribution, it should go in the wiki.

What would a forum do that the current mailinglist cannot do ?
Even worse, I'm subscribed to this list, and the postings get sorted
into a maildir on my server.
When I want to search for something or want to re-read a thread easily,
I can do that with an IMAP mailclient very swiftly - I cannot do that
with a web-based forum.

All a forum adds is icons, smileys and pictures for the avatars ;-)

Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~