[rt-users] 'Bounty' model for small development tasks on RT?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 17 13:45:19 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:06:16PM -0800, Kris Boutilier wrote:
> Other than Best Practical, I sense that there are people who are willing to
> do for-fee development on RT. Where do such people congregate and, if they
> congregate here, is the 'feature bounty' method considered an accepted
> practice for work on RT?

Kris,

The RT mailing lists aren't really a commercial place.  We (Best
Practical) try fairly hard not to "push" our services on the mailing lists
and users don't generally solicit RT-related consulting services here.
That said, Best Practical is available for any RT-related development
work you need. To get in touch with us about quoting a particular bit
of work, email us at sales at bestpractical.com.  It's my understanding
that outside developers doing perl work (RT or otherwise) are most often
paid hourly as consultants, rather than a flat fee for a 'feature'.  If,
for some reason, you're not interested in working with us to do work
for you, I've heard that folks have had good luck with jobs.perl.org
for recruiting perl hackers.

	Best,
	Jesse Vincent
	President