[rt-users] FreedBSD 4.10 and RT 3-3.0.9

Ron Tyro ron.tyro at utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 18 12:33:59 EST 2004

Hi again.

Dell GX260
FreeBSD 4.10

I have finally installed FreeBSD 4.10 onto my test machine.
I went to the RT Wiki page, and followed the instructions on how to
install RT:

cd /usr/ports/www/rt3
sudo make install

The result is : rt3-3.0.9 This program only support perl 5.6.1 or above.

perl -v reveals that I have: 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd.

I've searched through some of the The RT-Users Archives, but was
wondering if anybody would be willing to share what I need to do to get
Request Tracker installed with FreeBSD 4.10.  That is:

1. What packages should I select during the FreeBSD install which are
relevant for Request Tracker
2. What should I do after installing FreeBSD to make Request Tracker
install

OR direct me to the archive which has the information.

Thanks again,

Ron
--
Scotiabank Information Commmons, University of Toronto