[rt-users] RT (and others) Very Slow!!

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 10:43:55 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:06:31 -0000, Dermot Williams
<dermot.williams at irishbroadband.ie> wrote:

> Basically, when I ssh to the machine that I have RT running on, it takes an
> age to log in. Once I've logged on, any program that I launch runs at the
> speed that I would expect. If I su to root/any other user it takes forever.

Endless possibilities.  Runaway process, io bound, incorrectly
configured network interface, incorrectly configured router/switch,
etc.

I'd probably start with network.  'netstat -i' will show some
interface stats and you're looking for Ierrs and Oerrs (input and
output errors).

--
Andy Harrison