[rt-users] SATA raid card for FreeBSD box?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat Oct 2 11:38:54 EDT 2004

Am Fr, den 01.10.2004 schrieb Brent Wiese um 0:41:
> > I'm looking to put RT on FreeBSD box, but want to run it raid
> > 5.  So far
> > I've not found any SATA cards that the manufactures have drivers for.
> > What are others using?
> > Thanks,
> > Jason
>
> 3ware 8000 or 9000 series cards work great.
>
> http://www.3ware.com
>
> I've also used one of the Promise SATA RAID cards (can't remember which
> model offhand) and it works well too, but I highly prefer the 3ware card.
> Its worth the extra $.

Indeed.
There's a version of the 3DM monitoring-daemon for FreeBSD that will
send you an email when a drive starts to die.

Rainer
~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~