[rt-users] RTx::Shredder Questions

Adolfo Santiago mailbag at anothernet.com
Wed Oct 6 12:28:51 EDT 2004

Like so many others here, we have the issue of a growing database with tons
of deleted tickets we want to get rid of.  RTx::Shredder seems to be the
tool of choice for this, so we installed it today using CPAN.  Everything
went fine.  However, we have a question and a problem:

1.  If we install RTx::Shredder using CPAN, do we still have to apply the
patch?  We did so, but it was only applied in part.  Apparently, there was
an issue patching Tickets_Overlay_SQL.pm.  We ended up with a .rej file.  To
stay away from possible trouble, we've put the original files back in.

2.  The rtx-shredder script doesn't seem to work.  This is what we get when
we run it:

[root at system sbin]# ./rtx-shredder 2004-02-10
3 tickets would be wiped out.
Are you shure? [y/N] y
[root at system sbin]# ./rtx-shredder 2004-02-10
3 tickets would be wiped out.
Are you shure? [y/N]

We run it and it identifies the tickets to be deleted.  We say yes and it
acts like it deleted the tickets.  However, if we run it again with the same
date parameter, it still finds (the same?) tickets.  It doesn't seem to be
deleting anything.

Any help with this would be appreciated tremendously.  Thanks!

Chago
RT v3.0.8