[rt-users] Help with installation please

George, Suzanne SGeorge at esassoc.com
Thu Oct 7 20:04:30 EDT 2004

I am a new user / admin to rt3 and am having some difficulty getting it to
work properly on Fedora v2.  I am getting the following error:

My apache error_log contains:

<date> [client 127.0.0.1] Connect Failed Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' at /apps/rt3/lib/RT.pm

I have MySQL 4.0.21 installed as:
#rpm -qa | grep MySQL
MySQL-server-4.0.21-0
MySQL-bench-4.0.21-0
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-4
MySQL-shared-4.0.21-0
MySQL-client-4.0.21-0
MySQL-Max-4.0.21-0
MySQL-devel-4.0.21-0
MySQL-embedded-4.0.21-0

And followed all the instructions from wiki.bestpractical.com for the setup
of the configuration file RT_*Config.pm

I have modified my /etc/php.ini file to reflect

mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

I have in /usr/lib

# ls libmysqlclient*
libmysqlclient_r.so         libmysqlclient.so         libmysqlclient.so.12
libmysqlclient_r.so.12      libmysqlclient.so.10
libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0
libmysqlclient_r.so.12.0.0  libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0

Any ideas?

If I do a simple:

ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp

And restart apache.. Upon attempting to login I get:

<date> FAILED LOGIN for root from 127.0.0.1
</apps/rt3/share/html/autohandler:196>

Thanks for any help you can provide.

suz