[rt-users] Request Tracker and installation problem!!

bill s opensource22 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 19:54:42 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I was trying to install Request Tracker 3.2.2 on Suse
9.1 Professional. The perl
modules for some reason do not install when try to
install them using CPAN. It spits messages like the
following. one of the messages is:

"Warning: prerequisite Test::Manifest 0.9 not found.
Writing Makefile for XML::RSS
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during
[K/KE/KELLAN/XML-RSS-1.05.tar.gz]-----
    Test::Manifest
Shall I follow them and prepend them to the queue
of modules we are processing right now? [yes] no"

Why is CPAN not fetching and installing or fixing the
dependencies?
How do I fix them?

Did anybody install Request Tracker on Suse 9.1
successfully?
If so, which Apache module "mod_perl or fastcgi", did
you use?

I appreciate you help.

Thanks
Bill