[rt-users] Re: RTx::Shredder Questions

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Mon Oct 11 16:50:35 EDT 2004

Carl Gibbons wrote:
> When I try using the rtx-shredder script it complains:
>
> Constant name 'HASH(0x8141fb4)' has invalid characters at
> /opt/rt3/lcoal/lib/RTx/Shredder/Constants.pm line 37
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /opt/rt3/local/lib/RTx/Shredder/Constants.pm line 40.
>
> I looked back through rt-users list archives, but couldn't find anybody
> else having the same issue with RTx::Shredder. Maybe you know what might
> be wrong?
I think you use perl 5.6.x that is not supported by RT 3.0 and higher.
So I didn't test it under 5.6.x at all.
Problem in constant.pm that is shipped with perl 5.6.x that doesn't
support "Declare multiple constants at once" feature:
http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=8240

You can adopt /opt/rt3/local/lib/RTx/Shredder/Constants.pm to use
one line for each constant like in examples on
http://search.cpan.org/~rgarcia/perl-5.6.2/lib/constant.pm