[rt-users] Speeding up RT3

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 21 23:40:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 01:27:43PM +1000, Matthew Watson wrote:
> Following up on this,
>
> I've moved our RT install onto a new Dual 3.2ghz Xeon system with 2gb
> ram.
>
> Not really seeing huge improvements.
>
> Still seeing load times of about 5 seconds for index.html , for a user
> with
> Access to about 20 queues. And 2-4 seconds for a ticket with a single
> transaction.
>

> I've tried using Devel::DProf, but the results just don't look correct
> (perhaps I'm using it wrong). For a start its getting lots of unstacked
> calls, but that seems to be normal.

1) are you exiting standalone httpd by calling a mason page with %exit
as its only content?

2) what version of RT are you running?

Is it 3.2.2? Can you test out 3.2-HEAD from subversion?

3) what OS are you running?

4) What version of DBIx::SearchBuilder are you running?

5) are you doing any profiling of how long the backend database is
spending on each page view?

> Total Elapsed Time = 103.1376 Seconds
>   User+System Time = 8.597692 Seconds

That's 8.6 seconds of CPU time over 2 minutes. What pages did you view?
how many times?

> Exclusive Times
> %Time ExclSec CumulS #Calls sec/call Csec/c  Name
>  5.62   0.483  2.200    892   0.0005 0.0025  RT::Tickets::_parser

I wouldn't expect this to be so high (note that it's not that high to
begin with.) with RT 3.2-HEAD.

Looking at this, my best guess is RT is spending most of its time
waiting on the database.