[rt-users] wiki spam

Glenn Sieb ges at wingfoot.org
Fri Oct 22 18:44:26 EDT 2004

Jesse Vincent said the following on 10/22/2004 3:14 PM:

>Indeed. Perhaps they got ticked off that I started implementating
>anti-spam measures yesterday. I've now blocked the entire /8 that this
>spammer was coming from. I've got a couple more tricks up my sleeve, but
>yeah. I'm displeased :/

It's one of the good/bad things about Wiki's... I don't know about
Kwiki, but I know that some allow you to disallow changes by people "not
a member of a group" (like on TWiki, I can say "Only people who are
members of (say) RTUsers can edit this page")--granted, it's a bit more
work on your end, but less work than, say, having to clean up all those
wiki pages when spammers decide to play.

Best,
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759