[rt-users] RT is hanging when trying to update tickets

Matthew Joseff mjoseff at yellowbrix.com
Tue Oct 26 14:17:06 EDT 2004

Use FastCGI and add:

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 300 -processes
4 -init-start-delay 30

to your httpd.conf

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Paul Williams wrote:

}I have installed rt-3.2.2 on a Redhat 2.1 AS linux system
}with the latest up2dates patches installed.  I have installed
}apache-1.3.31 and mod_perl-1.29 from source.
}
}After starting RT, when I click on the Ticket option
}an apache process begins to use approx. 100% of the cpu.
}
}I need to kill and restart apache before I can do anything else with
}RT.
}
}I have tracked down the problem to the
}module /Search/Elements/EditSearches, at least that
}appears to be where there is a problem.
}
}If I comment out the line EditSearches line in /Search/Build.html
}I don't have the problem of the cpu going to 100%.
}Of course the program probably doesn't work properly then.  (:-)
}
}It looks like the problem is centered in the code below.
}I have not been able to figure out what is happening to see
}if the problem is really there and whether there is a fix.
}
}paulw
}
}Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com
}

--
Matthew Joseff, Director Technical Operations
(p) 703.519.1066 (f) 703.548.9151 (m) 202.415.6261