[rt-users] Help with install

Scott Morehead Scott.Morehead at pliantcorp.com
Mon Sep 13 09:16:50 EDT 2004

I have read every Read me file, searched on all the various sites but can
not get things straight.  I have downloaded perl 5.8.3 per RT instructions
and installed and can run make install but when I try to initialize the
database  or do a "make dropdb"  per the manual I keep getting the same
message.  "Can't locate locale/maketext.pm in" and then various directories
but none for perl 5.8.3.  This is the 3rd week I have been fighting this so
don't feel I haven't tried.    Throw the newbie a bone before I am
completely bald.  Thanks in advance.

Scott Morehead

Network Administrator

Pliant Corp