[rt-users] Help with install

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Sep 13 09:38:19 EDT 2004

Scott Morehead wrote:
> I have read every Read me file, searched on all the various sites but
If read README then you saw that it's step-by-step instuctions.
Please goto step '3.1   Check for compliance' and run
`rt-test-dependencies`. Send us output.

> can not get things straight.  I have downloaded perl 5.8.3 per RT
> instructions and installed and can run make install but when I try to
> initialize the database  or do a "make dropdb"  per the manual I keep
> getting the same message.  "Can't locate locale/maketext.pm in" and then
> various directories but none for perl 5.8.3.  This is the 3^rd week I
Please next time insert exact error message especially when you don't
know why something goes wrong.
I think that you've old perl near and installed new perl5.8.3 into
another dir and uses old perl instead of new one.