[rt-users] External authorization in RT

Biernacki, Michal mbiernacki at techdata.pl
Tue Sep 21 10:33:39 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've sucessfuly installed RT. It works perfect:-) Right now I'm trying to
configure RT with external authorization (Windows NT domain). I made some
changes in RT_Config.pm:

Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebExternalAuto , 1);

I've also made changes to httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost 10.107.10.3>
        ServerAdmin mbiernacki at nodomain.com
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
        ServerName helpdesk.nodomain.com
        PerlModule Apache::DBI
        PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        <Location />
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler RT::Mason
                PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNTLM
                AuthType ntlm
                require valid-user
                PerlAddVar ntdomain "EDP PLWAWMPDC01"
                PerlAddVar defaultdomain EDP
                PerlAddVar fallbackdomain EDP
                PerlSetVar ntlmsemkey 0
                PerlSetVar splitdomainprefix 1
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

After these changes I can login into the web interface of RT. Unfortunately
I can not create new ticket using e-mail. The mail server tries to "login"
to the RT, but NTLM authentication is not supported.
Do you have any ideas or workaround?

Best regards
Michal