[rt-users] RT2 database cleanup before rt2->rt3 migration

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Fri Sep 24 10:52:27 EDT 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>Once again, I call for Jesse to put in the proper FK's in the official
>>schema :-)

References on global queue should be NULLs. It's way like FK works. Or
you should create fake record with id = 0.

> And how do you deal with "global" things which reference the
> non-existent queue "0" or ACLs which reference a different table by a
> compound key that needs a transformation or Watcher groups which may or
ACLs is not fixable yet, but in good DBs it's can be controlable by
triggers.

> may not reference a specific row of another table depending on the
> values of multiple keys?  Every time I've tried someone's suggestions
> for enforced FK relationships (including ones I put together myself),
Also MySQL is buggy a little. It can't delete records with id/pid
relationships(like in Attachments) if id == pid.
So it's better to move to NULLs in parentless attachments.

> I've gotten bitten quite badly. Hell, I couldn't even drop the mysql
> database after setting up relationships, at one point.
yes, you couldn't cause droping of table is action that break consistency :)

But still RT has a lot of relations that can be set right now.