[rt-users] Apache Auth exceptions

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Sep 27 15:27:30 EDT 2004

On Sep 27, 2004, at 10:44 AM, Carl Vincent wrote:

> If I use credentials which aren't accepted by pubcookie, apache auth
> fails and I get a 401 Unauthorized, and don't get as far as RTs own
> login. Is there any way I can set things up to get around this?

I know that several of the apache auth mechanisms have an "is
authoritative" flag.  If you turn that off, it should fall back to some
other auth mechanism.  So you could set up a chain of authentication
within apache that first checks your campus dictionary, then some local
file-based mechanism, then fails.  This assumes your auth mechanism has
such a flag...

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806