[rt-users] Bad URL? I have the symptom, jut can't find the cause

Paul Crossman Paul.Crossman at tvguide.com
Mon Apr 4 15:31:57 EDT 2005

Last week I reported users seeing page that looks something like this after
the login screen.

GNU %# General Public License for more details. %# %# Unless otherwise
specified, all modifications, corrections or %# extensions to this work
which alter its source code become the %# property of Best Practical
Solutions, LLC when submitted for %# inclusion in the work. %# %# %#
END LICENSE BLOCK

I've found the symptom, but not the cause...

It seems that whenever someone uses the link http://rtserver/rt/ they'll
proceed normally into the "RT At A Glance" screen and are able to use RT as
normal.  However, those that use the link http://rtserver/rt (note no
trailing slash) get the mangled GPL code above.  I've looked at the
RT_SiteConfig.pm and httpd.conf, and can't see a specific line where making
a change would allow both URLs to work.

There's nothing in the Wiki on this either...  anyone got any ideas?  You
can find a snippet from my httpd.conf below.

Thanks,
Paul C.