[rt-users] Initial Queue Detection

Meo, Anthony Anthony.Meo at btci.com
Tue Apr 5 00:05:22 EDT 2005

An email address is associated with a queue.  If you want a reply or
comment to have a specific email address, the ticket needs to reside in
the queue with that address.

[[Anthony Meo]] Regardless of the email address you send to (as long as
it goes to RT) the ticket will be updated as long as the ticket number
is in the subject.  I have tested this extensively.

What you want is for a specific email address to be associated with a
ticket, no matter what queue it is in.  That's not how this works.  You
might be able to cobble together a template that looks to see what
queues
a ticket has visited and specify an address based on that, but that
sounds a little complicated.  If you are up to it, go for it.

[[Anthony Meo]] The logic seems feasible, could do it in the send email
action.  Before sending the email out of RT, if the ticket originated in
another queue, use that address, else use the current queue address.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Meo, Anthony wrote:

> [[Anthony Meo]] If we go with this model how can we take care of the
> following:  The current owner does not know who to escalate the ticket
> to.  The tier 2 support group consists of about 50 people.  The owner
> does not have insight, nor authority to assign anything to a specific
> person.

The owner doesn't need to have insight.  He just needs to know someone
in
the next tier.  That person can reassign the ticket to someone else, if
necessary.  In fact, it could be that person's responsibility to
disseminate escalated tickets.

[[Anthony Meo]] This is a good point, sort of like a triage person.  The
only issue is if he/she is out....I don't think this will pass because
RT is being implemented to remove the reliance on single people.