[rt-users] Handling user sessions?

Tomas A. P. Olaj tomas.olaj at usit.uio.no
Thu Apr 7 08:55:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

I notice that session data are stored locally under
RT_PATH/var/session_data. But there's also an empty session table in the
RT database (we use Postgres).

In the future we need a system that can scale after need, and with
failover. So we need:

* database and webserver on different machines.
* a webserver cluster solution

Thus we need to find out how RT handles sessions data, so we can configure
a cluster solution.

* database cluster/replication

The question may be; how can we change the default local file handling of
sessions data to use the sessions table instead, so we can put more than 1
webserver in front as a failover solution?