[rt-users] error with rt web pages

Ernest Byaruhanga ernest at afrinic.net
Thu Apr 7 10:09:00 EDT 2005

hi Russel,

Thank you for your reply.

Russell Mosemann wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Ernest Byaruhanga wrote:
>
>> I have a unique error with rt. the following garbage is
>> returned when am tyring to open the pages, even after
>> upgrading to rt3.4 from rt 3.0.10
>
> The "garbage" is the text content of index.html without being
> run through mason.  The web server is simply displaying the
> file like an ordinary HTML document.

Here is my virtual host definition: I run rt 3.4.1, mysql 4, perl
5.8.0 (i know shd be 5.8.3, but cant upgrade it yet)

<VirtualHost rt.abcdef.org:443>
ServerName rt.abcdef.org
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
SSLEngine on
ErrorLog logs/ssl_rt-error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl_rt-access_log

SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth +ExportCertData +CompatEnvVars
+StrictRequire

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
          nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
           "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/rt.abcdef.org.pem

     # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
       PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
       PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
       RewriteEngine On
       #RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html [PT]
     # }}}
     PerlModule Apache::DBI
     PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

     <Location />
         SetHandler perl-script
         PerlHandler RT::Mason
     </Location>

</VirtualHost>

> Your Apache configuration is most likely not correct.  Look at
> the examples in the README.  Look at the Apache error log for
> additional information.  You will need to restart Apache after
> you make any configuration changes.

- The rt login page opens very well
- i can log in to rt and all tickets in all queues get listed
- problem is when i click on a ticket to open it, or on a queue.
- even when i click configuration, users, all users get listed.
   but when i click on the user to edit them, the garbage also
   comes.

thank you very much for any help.

regards,
ernest