[rt-users] ModifySelf right produces "Permission Denied"

Joby Walker joby at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 7 20:30:55 EDT 2005

I believe I have found the source of the problem in:

lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm: sub _Set

at the end of the method is (I removed the _NewTransaction parameter:

     my ($ret, $msg) = $self->SUPER::_Set( Field => $args{'Field'},
                                           Value => $args{'Value'} );

     if ( $args{'RecordTransaction'} == 1 ) {
         my ( $Trans, $Msg, $TransObj ) = $self->_NewTransaction(...)
         return ( $Trans, scalar $TransObj->Description );
     }
     else {
         return ( $ret, $msg );
     }

The "Permission Denied" error is not from setting the attribute that is
$msg which is "The new value has been set", but from the "scalar
$TransObj->Description" -- because the acting user doesn't have
permission to run that method of the Transaction Object.

Joby Walker
C&C Computer Operations Software Support Group