[rt-users] hardcoded version number in check_perl_version?

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Wed Apr 13 13:39:32 EDT 2005

I am trying to install rt-3.4.1 and have run into some difficulties.
[Thanks for your help, Steve] I have gotten all of them resolved except
one.  It appears from the Perl script rt-test-dependencies that the
subroutine check_perl_version has the version hardcoded to 5.8.3.
Granted my Perl skills are rusty, but that is what it looks like to me.
I am running 5.8.5. Still it tells me that I am running 5.8.3. After
this point, I get some other errors on XML::RSS not being found even
though I have forced the install with CPAN. Can someone check me on this
Perl thing?

Vicki