[rt-users] My RT with #500000

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Apr 14 08:43:57 EDT 2005

--On Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:34 PM +1000 Matthew Watson
<matthew.watson at staff.netspace.net.au> wrote:

> Oracle 9i and RT 3.2.2 (hoping to update to 3.4.x soon)

Wow, interesting, 9i on Linux I assume?  Last time I'd tried Oracle on
Linux was quite a while ago, possibly back in the first i releases, it was
a real ahem...experience :)  I know it's gotten better, I haven't installed
it for production recently but had a 9i and a 10i testing system setup.
Seemed a lot better.

I'd like to be able to use Oracle for a number of internal applications
where I'm working.... MySQLs lack of anything resembling PL/SQL and real
JOINs as well as triggers is starting to get old.  Not my choice though, I
just run things, not develop them :)

Anyway, thanks for letting me pick your brain a bit.

We're running 3.0.10, and I'm considering going to 3.4.x here soon as well.
I've got a hardware upgrade on deck for the RT platform (part of splitting
it's services out) so it'd be a good time to just chew it all off at once.

Thanks again,

Michael Loftis