[rt-users] changing Priority from script

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Fri Apr 22 18:26:04 EDT 2005

Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> See "Simple example" and last snippet from "code snippets" in
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?WriteCustomAction

That appears geared towards scrips and not external perl scripts but
nonetheless I looked at it appears that my syntax is correct however, I
printed out the status and error message and see:

status: 0, You can only reassign tickets that you own or that are unowned

Script is running as root - can I not have RT give the ticket directly
instead of stealing it like:

my ($status, $msg) = $ticket->SetOwner( $newOwner, "Steal");

?

> matthew zeier wrote:
>

>> I have the following code snippet from an exteral program.  It queries
>> all tickets in a particular queue and changes priority and owner if it
>> hasn't been touched in an hour.
>>
>> Do I have the syntax for setting a new owner correct?  What's the way
>> to change priority?
>>
>> # Get hold of new and open tickets only
>> my $tickets = new RT::Tickets($RT::SystemUser);
>> $tickets->LimitStatus(VALUE => 'new');
>> $tickets->LimitQueue(VALUE => $queue->Id);
>> $tickets->LimitPriority(OPERATOR => '<', VALUE => "10");
>>
>> # Process each ticket
>> while (my $ticket = $tickets->Next) {
>>
>>  if ((time()-$ticket->LastUpdatedObj->Unix)/3600  >= $idleTime) {
>>
>>   $ticket->SetOwner($ownerNames[$newOwner]);
>>
>>   # change priority?
>>   # $ticket->SetPriority($newPri);
>>

>>  }
>>
>> }

>> Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."
(949) 784-7904                       |       - Marie Curie