[rt-users] fetchmail

Labonte, Phil phil.labonte at transcore.com
Mon Apr 25 14:12:38 EDT 2005

This is how my setup is done:

This is my aliases entries:
rt:         "|rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
http://10.64.87.248/"
rt-comment: "|rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url
http://10.64.87.248/"

In my root directory I have put a .fetchmailrc file which contains this:
poll mail.mailserver.ca with proto POP3 timeout 200 user 'rt' password
'password' is 'rt at localhost' here

So in my case the users email rt at mailserver.ca (for example), and I run
fetchamil as a deamon and get my email direct to RT on the localhost

And then to have fetchmail check email every two minutes I run this as
root (since the .fetchmailrc is under root's account)

fetchmail --daemon 120

So every two minutes this is run.

If you want this to be around after a reboot you can enter it in
rc.local

Works great.

Phil