[rt-users] Custom buttons/links on form?

Kevin White kwhite at telsource.com
Tue Apr 26 12:07:42 EDT 2005

Is there an easy/approved way to add custom buttons or HTTP links to a
ticket entry screen?  Preferably a way that will let me embed fields, or
at least the ticket ID, into them?

For example, we want to write a process that pushes data from RT into
another system, on command.  I'd like a button/link on the ticket form
somewhere thay says "Push to external program".  Pushing that button or
clicking on that link would send an http request to a static address
with a parameter appended to the end of it containing the ticket ID.
That process would then do all of the pushing work.

Does my request make sense?  What's the easiest way to do this?

(As I wrote this, I realized that I may also be able to use the scrip
functionality to code some custom actions/events for this example, but
my company has come up with several things that they'd like custom
buttons or links for, not just the one I've described.)

Thanks,

Kevin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy.  You may not directly or indirectly reuse or
redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services
for which you are receiving the information.

Telsource Corporation
8237 Dow Cir, Strongsville, OH 44136