[rt-users] RT using Windows platform

Heike Schuermann Heike.Schuermann at ipp.mpg.de
Wed Apr 27 12:48:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

sorry for a lot of my problems, but it seems I'm a total newbie to
perl, apache, ... but maybe someone has any helpful idea...

I happily installed RT on a Windows platform, and this was quite
easy, just a click on the .exe, and all the downloads happened
automatically.

RT itself is running, and also emails are coming in (using
fetchmail); I only configuered the 'rt-mailgate.conf' like described.

Now the problems are starting, I need some howto's:
How can I set up that only mails from our domain are accepted for RT
(or e.g. sort out SPAM)?

I found

c:\program files\OurInternet\RequestTracker\rt\bin\rt-mailgate.in

which is called by fetchmail, but I don't understand a word. Is this
thing doing anything at all? Is it only a description? I never saw
something like

=head1 NAME

in perl.

Next:
Where can I change the name of the RT system? I tried

c:\program files\OurInternet\RequestTracker\rt\etc\RT_Config.pm.in

but nothing happened. Do I have to activate it somewhere? Or what
about

c:\program files\OurInternet\RequestTracker\rt\etc\RT_SiteConfig.pm

Next - and last - question: kerberos:
How / where do I have to configure, that you can login at RT with
kerberos authentication?

Sorry for all those (maybe simple) questions. But I don't have a clue
about Linux, and because of the very comfortable setup on Windows I
would like to use it on this platform.

Maybe it's possible to start up a 'HowTo' in Wiki for Windows?

Thanks a lot to any idea for any of these problems,

Heike