[rt-users] Removing space from passwords and user login

Hallstein Lohne hallstein.lohne at ii.uib.no
Fri Apr 29 04:56:30 EDT 2005

I just had a user that had problems logging in.
her login displayed everything correct, except that her login
(email-address) had a space first. thus she could not login.

there is a problem in many e-mail clients that it's pretty hard to cut
and paste an e-mail address.

e.g. mymail at mycom.com    when you click it, it opens a new window for
message composing. and if you try to click and drag from outside the
word, it's very easy that some extra spaces are included.

ive seen this problem before at other webservices, and we've always
solved this by removing spaces in the beginning and end of
login/password (or other important forms).  e.g. if you doubleclick on a
word in internet explorer, you always get an extra space included.

so please make it easier for my user (and other users) by removing
spaces from starts or ending of login and passwords.