[rt-users] s/mime signature get lost in rt!

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 29 14:25:00 EDT 2005

> hello!
>
> my problem is that  we think in our site about s/mime signatures in
> mails. the problem is that rt seems to break the mime structure of
> incoming emails, and convert every mime block to "text/plain". So
> is there a way to fix this? is there a version after 3.0 which can
> handle this? how big is the effort to code this?

3.4 may be better about it, but perl's MIME-handling tools are
destructive. Which means that line-endings get converted. On top of
that, RT sets everything into UTF8 on the way in so it can be displayed
consistently. I'm not confident that we'll be able to roundtrip
signatures without a fair amount of work. (Though we'll be doing that
work in the next year, most likely)