[rt-users] Removing space from passwords and user login

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Apr 29 20:07:16 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 12:15:44PM -0700, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Brian W. Spolarich wrote:
> >rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:
> >> e.g. if
> >>you doubleclick on a word in internet explorer, you always
> >>get an extra space included.
> >
> >  This is true of Firefox as well, although in both instances the extra
> >space is at the end, not the beginning.
> >
> >  I guess this is a feature, not a bug. :-)
>
> I suspect it's a windowism, as it doesn't happen in firefox on my linux
> system.
>
> It also does it notepad on Windows, and wordpad. But it doesn't do it on
> words that have a comma or period after them.
>
> OK, enough testing. I think it's just something about Windows.

It's very specifically IE, so far as I can tell.  It *is* a bit
difficult to copy text which is a link, but IE *purposefully* adjusts
what it thinks you're trying to select, making it ompletely impossible
to select certain things, no matter which way you drag.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me