[rt-users] Removing space from passwords and user login

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Apr 30 12:17:52 EDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 04:33:23PM +1000, Phil Homewood wrote:
> Brian W. Spolarich wrote:
> >>you doubleclick on a word in internet explorer, you always
> >>get an extra space included.
> >
> >   This is true of Firefox as well, although in both instances the extra
> > space is at the end, not the beginning.
> >
> >   I guess this is a feature, not a bug. :-)
>
> Perhaps this user pref is relevant:
>
> 	layout.word_select.eat_space_to_next_word
>
> which sounds to me like firefox being bug-compatible with windows. :-)

Part, but not all: IE will select *entire words*, in some
circumstances, *even if you're consciously trying only to select
character strings*; there may be a knob to turn off what I'm sure they
call "SmartSelect", but I haven't found it.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me