[rt-users] You're almost there!

Srinivas Balan Srinivas.Balan at Sierraatlantic.com
Wed Aug 3 08:24:39 EDT 2005

Thanks it worked.

Regards,
Srinivas Balan

-----Original Message-----
From: Trevin Beattie [mailto:tbeattie at boingo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 10:17 PM
To: Srinivas Balan
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] You're almost there!

Are you using Apache 2?  If so, you may use the config file I wrote as a
starting point when I was building an RPM of RT.  See below:

-------- cut --------
# Apache configuration section for RT3
#
# If you are going to run rt3 in its own virtual domain,
# uncomment the following and comment out the next section.
#
#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerName rt3.yourdomain.com
#    DocumentRoot /usr/rt3/html
#    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
#
#    # This line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
#    #PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
#
#    PerlModule Apache::DBI
#    PerlRequire /usr/bin/webmux.pl
#
#    <Location />
#	SetHandler perl-script
#	PerlHandler RT::Mason
#    </Location>
#</VirtualHost>

#
# If you are going to install rt3 as a subdirectory of your domain
# rather than the root of a virtual domain, comment out the above
# and uncomment the following:
#

Alias /rt3 "/usr/rt3/html"

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /usr/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory /usr/rt3/html>
    AllowOverride All
    Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
    <IfModule mod_access.c>
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
    </IfModule>
</Directory>

<Location /rt3>
    RewriteEngine On
    RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

# In addition, edit your /etc/rt3/RT_SiteConfig.pm file and change
$WebPath to:
#	$WebPath = "/rt3";
-------- cut --------

-- Trevin Beattie

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 04:47 -0700, Srinivas Balan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Followed the documentation of William Harrison
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide
> all went well but when I click at the url it says :
> You're almost there!
> You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have
> installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your
web
> server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface. The next
step
> is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's
> mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler. If you need commercial support,
> please contact us at sales at bestpractical.com.
> Looking for help regarding this....
>
> Regards,
> Srinivas Balan
> "The information contained in this message and the attachments (if any)
may